The Qatar Foundation and the Qatar National Library hosted a symposium in Doha, Qatar, on May 13−14 to discuss Arabic-language authority control as part of preserving heritage/culture, for contributions to the World Digital Library, and for the technical and metadata staff of member libraries in the Arab Peninsula region.
- Authority Control in the U.S.: Spotlight on Arabic (Bell) (PDF)
- Constructing Better Metadata, Building Intercultural Understanding: Arabic Cataloging and the WDL Metadata Process (Hawkins) (PDF)
- RDA and Authority Control Training at the Library of Congress Cairo Overseas Office (Kader) (PDF)
- Disambiguating Wikipedia Article Subjects Using ORCID, VIAF and Other Authority Control Identifiers (Mabbett) (PDF)
- Confronting Challenges in Arabic Name Authority Control in the WDL Description Process (Pastuch) (PDF)
- Multilingual Access to Digital Resources Using Linked-Data: Overview of Tools and Standards (Weheba) (PDF)
- The World Digital Library (Yasner) (PDF)